Wasteland Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long will you survive?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game engine?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Masterski
Zombie Food
Zombie Food
Masterski

Survivor Points : 28

Game engine?  Empty
PostSubject: Game engine?    Game engine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 5:24 am

Im wondering what engine was used to make this game? What language? And what was used for networking? How much of the content is build from scratch, and how much time was put into the project?

I had an Idea in mind of creating a small 2d morpg, but after reading some forums, I came to a conclusion that It would take too much time and effort, and that in my case (Im more of an artist, not a coder) it's not worth to even start. Maybe I was wrong?
Back to top Go down
Palo
Ultimate Survivor
Ultimate Survivor
Palo

Survivor Points : 235

Game engine?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game engine?    Game engine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 5:58 am

Long time ago, i tought about doing one myself, but i didnt know how to script. The program that I used to use is Ramza Engine Online. i dont know what to say to you, if you want, just do it Smile
Back to top Go down
Kumi
Admin
Admin
Kumi

Survivor Points : 152

Game engine?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game engine?    Game engine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:18 am

I don't really use only one engine; i use many engines, programs, software to make my games.
YES. it will take you long time to make a game, Believe it or not i always wanted to do my own games,
My first game was back in 2009 and it sucked lol. Didn't even release then i started working on some programs and trying all engines which gave me more experience.

Finally i made my game [REC] Shutter in 2010 but it was different and took place in a mansion, then in 2012 i improved and released my first game.
Again, it does take time to create a game as i used many different engines like Unity, Torque3D, 2D, 3DFactory, TGC etc and not only engines, you will need to do graphics, textures, scripting, coding, modeling in games.

At the moment i create my 3D games using Unity3D it's a great engine.
Using software such as Paint.Net, Java scripting, C# and C+ for scripting and graphics/Edits.

For Wasteland Online, i use a 2D engine and it's hard.
If you want to make a simple game it's 'okey', but if you want to go a little advance it takes hell lot of time.
As i posted in some threads that i am still learning source edits and such, and they are very hard.
I'm using MMORPG MAKER something like PALO mentioned, Although with the game engine itself you wont do anything
so i use VB to edit the codes and got a friend to help me out with them since I'm beginner at sources.
I Also use paint.net to create GUIs and HUDs and sound software to create the ambiance.

Despite the time, I enjoy creating them and getting feedbacks Smile
Back to top Go down
https://zombiemmorpg.forumotion.com
Masterski
Zombie Food
Zombie Food
Masterski

Survivor Points : 28

Game engine?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game engine?    Game engine?  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:31 am

Thanks for the replies guys, I think sooner or later, I will definitely get my hands on a project that I have in my mind for quite some time. Smile
Back to top Go down
edvin188
Zombie Food
Zombie Food

Survivor Points : 1

Game engine?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game engine?    Game engine?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Exclamation how to play wasteland?
Back to top Go down
waffleninja329
Zombie Food
Zombie Food

Survivor Points : 12

Game engine?  Empty
PostSubject: Uhh?   Game engine?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 11:22 am

Well it isn't out yet. But the first gameplay for one of us should be in October 2014 (My B-day!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game engine?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game engine?    Game engine?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game engine?
Page 1 of 1